Skid Steer Doors of North America
STEEL PRICES RISE:
The carbon steel market is poised to grow by 699.35 MT during 2020-2024 progressing at a CAGR of almost 8% during the forecast period." (Source: Business Wire)
This is what we are seeing all across the industry; day after day new emails from vendor's telling us that their prices are rising, every order we make for materials needs to be revised because the last price is no longer valid, and for good reason. The cost of steel materials has been steadily increasing throughout 2020, and it unfortunately has not slowed into 2021. The reduced capacities of companies in this industry due to Covid-19 health and safety regulations continues to have an impact. As a result, we are forced to increase our list pricing for 2021 and add a steel surcharge to off-set the rising costs that is projected to continue this year. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have on our close and prospective customers. We we will do what we can to keep our prices low when the opportunities are found, but right now we are left with little options.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support.
JORDEN LEIB, VICE PRESIDENT OF SKID STEER SOLUTIONS
Shields Caterpillar Polycarbonate Skid Steer Door | C & D Series
The CAT Polycarbonate Door from Shields is an excellent replacement for broken OEM glass skid steer doors (see compatible models below). These doors are NOT rated for forestry applications or any application where operator protection is needed. This door includes windshield only, and is designed to fit existing frame and mounting holes as standard OEM glass. Shields doors feature milled edges for transferring the door seal with ease. You can find forestry rated doors and doors with frames in our Forestry Doors and Cab Enclosures (full assemblies) categories.
This skid steer door is designed to improve operator comfort, reducing noise and dust entering the cab, retaining heat during the winter and keeping you cool during the summer. It even provides protection from UV rays. Shields doors are post coated with Shields SUPERCOAT™ which provides abrasion resistance. However, using wipers can eventually cause scratching when grit/dirt gets caught on the wiper.
Hardware and Latches/Handles not included. This is not the same product as the CAT Brand Forestry Package.
Neither of these thicknesses are rated for applications where operator protection is needed. See our Forestry Doors category for heavy duty doors.
- Designed for replacement of OEM glass
- NOT rated for demolition, SSL Brush Cutters, or for wood processors
- 1/4" Doors are FLEXIBLE, so if visible flex/wobble will bother you, size up to 3/8" Door
- Designed for replacement of OEM glass
- NOT rated for demolition, SSL Brush Cutters, or for wood processors.
- Some operators will opt for the 3/8" for grass mowing and other applications where light impact on the door is possible. This door is stronger than the 1/4" but is not rated to stop flying debris.
The CAT Polycarbonate Door is designed to be a direct replacement for your standard OEM door and features the same mounting and hardware holes. It uses your existing OEM hardware for installation and replacement of your existing door. Purchase of this door does not include mounting hardware. If replacing a 1/4" or less thickness OEM door with 1/2" polycarbonate, longer bolts may be required for optimal installation. Please give us a call for details.
Compatible Machine Models
- Caterpillar Series C Doors
- Replaces OEM Glass: 258-4071
- Caterpillar Series D Doors
- Replaces OEM Glass: 345-6230
- Available for Caterpillar C Series or Caterpillar D Series
- Clear Lexan/Polycarbonate material is impact-resistant
- Increased durability
- 3/8" and 1/4" thick polycarbonate
- Increases operator safety
- Easily replaces OEM factory glass
- Super coated on both sides for optimal abrasion-resistance
- Duplicates OEM mounting holes
- Milled edges make swapping out the door seal fast and easy
- 1/2 the weight of glass
- 250 times stronger than glass
- Noise reducing
- Increases light transmission and visibility
- Decreased summer heat gain
- Reduced winter heat loss
- Hardware not included
Polycarbonate replacement door