BMX-600 Mix and Go Cement Mixer Attachment
For parts service on these mixers click here
The Eterra BMX Cement or Concrete Mixer became a huge hit in 2015. These cement mixer attachments that work excellent on Skid Steers and Compact Track Loaders have become one of the top solutions for small batch cement mixing, and because of that, Eterra is able to offer an even larger model. Meet the BMX-600 Cement Mixer attachment for Skid Steers, Compact Track Loaders and Telehandlers. Use the videos tab to watch demonstrations on how the BMX Cement Mixer works.
Cement Mixer Specifications - Click the Icon Below
*NOTE: The BMX-600 Concrete Mixer attachment is suitable with full-size skid steer and compact track loaders. Please contact us if you are unsure of the lift capacity of our machine, or utilize or machine look up tool above to find some of the important specifications needed to ensure your machine is compatible.
- 21 Cu. Ft. Mixer Bucket with plenty of room to transport with no spillage.
- Galvanized steel side chute and top grate for great looks and durability.
- Hydraulically operated center chute makes single person operation easy.
- Spring assisted side gate locks the gate in place and aids in the actuation.
- Sprocket and chain drive system is completely enclosed and sealed to keep it out of harms way.
- 5 foot flexible hose provided for easy pouring.
- Easy to lift grate makes it easy to clean.
- Integrated top bag cutter to make bag splitting easy.
- Hardox 400 steel paddle/auger style drive is suitable for concrete and grout.
- Precision laser cut parts, CNC forming and robotic welding creates a high quality finished product.
- Pad mounting holes for excavators to connect to so this becomes a dual purpose product with just a few turns of a wrench.
- Drive system is reversible so that you can mix and dispense using your hydraulics.
- Polyurethane seals with 90 shore hardness.
Eterra products are always designed to provide value by giving you more than one purpose. The BMX-250 and BMX-450 fit the bill to a tee. The introduction of this amazing skid steer loader cement mixer will revolutionize the marketplace. Another advantage of shopping at Skid Steer Solutions.
*We recommend using Redimix/Quikrete for the best results.
This Skid Steer Mounted Cement Mixer is designed to mix 9 cu. feet which is 1/3 of a yard. Mixing this amount leaves enough space above the paddles so that you can transport the mixture without spillage. A typical mix is 1 part water, 2 parts cement and 3 parts sand/gravel by volume. A dry mix should be mixed first with the water added slowly. If a slump cone is available, adjust water to achieve a 2" - 3" (51 - 76mm) slump. The final water content should be approximately 6 - 9 pt (2.8 - 4.3L) of water per 80 lb (36.3 kg) bag of concrete. The easiest way for you to achieve the best results is to use bagged pre-mix in 80 lb. bags. Each bag provides .60 cu. ft. of finished concrete. This translates to 15 bags of mix per batch. The current price today per bag is $4. For small batch on demand concrete, it does not get much better.
The first time you create a batch it is advisable to use a 55 gallon barrel that is pre-filled with water. Use a white 5 gallon pail and measure 4 gallons inside the pail and draw a line inside the bucket so you can scoop a predetermined amount each time you fill the bucket. The idea is to add enough water to the mix and keep track of how much water you have used so that each consecutive batch will be the same consistency.
If you choose to mix the entire batch on your own, it is still advisable to buy your sand/gravel premixed to insure the quality you would expect for a professional batch. If you still would like to mix your own then scoop enough sand/gravel into your mixer to cover the paddles. Add 1.5 bags of Portland Cement per batch for 4000 psi concrete or 2 bags per batch for 5000 psi concrete. Once you have added water, the mixture will compress so you can add more sand/gravel mix to top off the batch. Once the batch is thoroughly mixed, it is safe to transport to the pour site.
Lots of water with some pea gravel added. Run the mixer for a few minutes and rinse any other spots that you see that have lingering traces of mix. A small spray bottle with diesel added will help to keep everything from rusting and sticking the next time you use your mixer.